Success in your business

The success of your business reflects the amount of love you have for it. Want a more success business? Ask yourself if you can find a way to love it more. Love is the doorway, and you are the key. Remember: education changes everything. Gleen Head

Frank Bettger <------------>Benjamin Franklin
Enthusiasm: Force yourself to act enthusiastic.Temperance: Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
Order: Self Organization. Take more time to think and do things in the order of importance. Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
Think of other's interests.Order: Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
Questions: Cultivate the art of asking questions.Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
Key issue. The most important secret os salesmanship is to find out what the others fellow wants, and then help him the best way to get it.Frugality. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e, waste nothing.
Silence: Listen. Keep you avoid talking too much.Industry - Lose no time; be always employed in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
Sincerity: Deserve confidence.Sincerity: Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
Knowledge: Know your business and keep knowing your businessJustice: Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
Appreciation & PraiseModeration: Avoid extremes; forbear reseting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
Smile: HappinessCleanliness: Tolerate no uncleanliness in body. Cloaths, or habitation.
Remember faces and names.Tranquility. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
Service and prospecting.Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dulness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
Closing the sale: action.Humility..

Monday, May 18, 2009

"Remember faces and names" quotes of the week #10. 3rd round

Sunday:
"I found that I had much less difficulty remembering names and faces when I remembered these three things which all the experts teach: 1. Impression. 2. Repetition. 3. Association. If you have any difficulty remembering these three rules, as I did, here's a simple little idea that made it impossible for me to to forget them. I just thought of the name Ira. I-R-A are the first letters of these three words."
Frank Bettger

Monday:
"Impresion. Psychologist tell us that most of our memory troubles are really not memory troubles at all; they are observation troubles. I became so much impressed with the importance of this first rule that I began thinking of it as an unpardonable discourtesy if I failed to listen attentively and get a name correctly. So the first thing that helped me to remember names and faces was to forget myself, and concentrate as hard as I could on the other person, his face, and his name. This helped me overcome self-consciousness when I meeting strangers. I was surprised how much less difficulty I had in remembering names and faces, when I made a real effort to observe a man's face and get a clear, vivid impression of his name"
Frank Bettger

Tuesday:
"Do you ever forget a stranger's name within ten seconds after being introduced to him? I do, unless I repeat it several times quickly while it is fresh in my mind. We can repeat his name immediatly: 'How do you do, Mr. Musgrave'. Then during the conversation, it helpes me a lot if I use his name in some way: 'Where you born in Des Moines, Mr. Musgrave?' If it is a difficult name to pronounce, it's better not to avoid it. Most people do that. If I don't now how to pronounce a name, I simply ask: "Am I pronouncing your name correctly? I find people are glad to help you get their name right. If other people are present they are glad too; it makes it easier for them to understand the name and remember it."
Frank Bettger

Wednesday:
"Likewise, if you want to make sure that he remembers your name, you can usually find an opportunity to repeat your own name - perhaps somwthing like this: "... and he said to me, 'Mr. Bettger, we've just had one of the best years'. Frequently, after I've left a man, I write his name down at the first opportunity. Just seeing the name written out is a big advantange."
Frank Bettger

Thursday:
"In meeting groups, try to get three or four names at a time, and take a few moments to assimilate them before trying the next group. Try to form a sentence of some of their names, to fasten them in your mind. Example: last week at a dinner, where I identified about fifty in a group of men and women, the guests at one table were introduced by the toastmaster. The following names were called: "Castle"... "Kammerer"... "Owens"... "Good-win"... "Keiser". This was duck soup for making up a sentence, and when identifying the audience later, I showed them the power of association with the following: "It brings back a picture of Word War I. The Kaiser Owned a Castle. The Camara showed it was a Goodwin... These are very effective ans stay with you a long time. They are not always so made to order, but if you are on the alert for them, it is surprising how ofter they occur. In groups of one or two, many puns are easilu brought to mind, which hold the impression for you."
Mr. Strathmann

Friday:
"I used this idea to advantage just recently. I met with a committee of four dentist. The chairman, Dr. Howard K. Mathews, introduced me. He said: 'Mr. Bettger, shake hands with Dr. Dolak, Dr. Green, and Dr. Hand.' As I shook hands, I imagined the discipline St. Matthew had returned to life as a prominent dentist, and was serving as chairman of this committee. Dr. Mathews lacked the dough, but Dulak had plenty of the Green stuff in his Hand. I find these pictures stay with me a long time."
Frank Bettger

Saturday:
"Have you ever been embarrassed by being unable to introduce people, because someone's name escaped you momentarily? First: Don't be overanxius. And the best thing is to laugh it off and admit franklin that I must be panicking. "I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Second: Whenever you pass someone you know, call him by name. Third: Whenever posible, take time beforehand to become familiar with a name. Memory experts do this. Before speaking at a luncheon or dinner, they obtain a membership list of the organization and study the names and businesses."
Frank Bettger

No comments:

Video of the week. Deserve Confidence